Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Easy Soy Chorizo Quesadilla


Let's face it, sometimes you want to eat something quick and delicious. Like I have mentioned before I have always had a profound love for quesadillas, however, before, I did not know the meaning of added vegetables, or vegan soy mozzarella cheese. This recipe is one of those that make me feel like I'm cheating but I'm really not. So prepare your self my fellow food lover; you will endulge yourself with a rich and delicious heart healthy gift from the Gods. 

Makes 2  
~250kcals each 

Ingredients: 

- 4oz of soy chorizo 
- 2 oz of Teese Mozzarella Cheese 
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms 
- 2 whole wheat flour tortillas 

To make your salsa: 

- 3 medium tomatoes 
- 2 jalapeno peppers 
- 1/2 med onion 
- Cilantro to taste 

*For salsa you can either roast the vegetables or cook them in boiling water. I prefer to just boil them and save my self some major third degree burns (ok, ok, I exaggerate I just prefer to boil). Anyways once all the vegetables with the exception of the cilantro have been cooked, place them in the blender and add a bit of the water you cooked them in. Follow by adding salt and pepper to taste and some cumin if you are a fan. Blend everything together. Remember cilantro goes in raw. You can add some garlic for taste as well. I prefer my salsa to be extra spicy, in that case I will trow a habanero pepper in the mix; making finger licking salsa. 

Back to the real deal : 

Start by placing the raw chorizo in a pan with no fats added. Once it has been cooked set a side.

In another pan place a whole wheat flour tortilla and add 1oz of soy mozzarella cheese to only one half of the tortilla, put some of the soy chorizo on top of the cheese, followed by some mushrooms and top it with the other half of the tortilla. Let the cheese melt and serve. Piece of cake! (not literally, its a metaphor people) 




No comments:

Post a Comment